Sunday, November 04, 2007

Dia de los Muertos

Kaylee hangs out with a couple of (sorta) familiar faces downtown.

Tonight was the annual All Souls Day procession downtown. This is one of those events that makes me happy to live where we do. There's just so much energy and culture – it's something that has to be seen to be believed. (More info available here if you're not familiar with the tradition.)

So we decided to take Kaylee. I don't know that she loved it – but she sure was taking it all in. Slack-jawed and wide-eyed. She spent a good portion of the walk "singing" along with the drummers, chanters and other interesting people. She even got to pass through her first cloud of marijuana smoke (though we'll just tell the grandparents it was sage) ... welcome to Tucson kid.

Photos just weren't enough this year. So I'm bringing you the sights and sounds of Tucson via YouTube. Maybe you'll join us next year?



Kaylee today: Plumtuckeredout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm saving my pennies so I can join you next year. It's been too long since I've stayed at the Rice B&B! Love you guys!