Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday we ...

... helped Mom play with her new Wii. Jumping over toddlers increases the difficulty of Wii Fit – but you don't get any extra points for it.*

... found a praying mantis on the wheel of the Mustang. Kaylee was cool with it – as long as it wasn't running in her direction. (A trait she gets from her mother.)

... decided this was a safer place for the little guy than the wheels of a car. Especially since we were getting ready to leave the house. (And how about that shot? Can you say Macro lens?)

... had a KFC picnic dinner at the park. Greasy chicken, flat Pepsi, dry biscuits and mac & cheese that had likely been sitting there for 7 hours. Mmmmm-mmmmm good!

... fed the ducks our leftover biscuits. (Note the SpongeBob Band-Aid on the crippled finger. It's not Manman, but it's yellow. And that makes it good enough.)

And then the battery on the camera died.

* NOTE: Picture is really from Thursday – but I loaded it in on Saturday and for the sake of some sort of a narrative in this post, decided to just pretend. I could have just passed it off, but one or two of you smarter readers (I'll let you decide who I'm taking about) would have realized that Kaylee is wearing a different outifit. I could have concocted a cover story involving finger paint – but then you probably would have complained (I'm talking about Maggie now) until I scanned the painting because you had to see it. And then I would have had to make a snarky comment about how "I don't owe you anything" or "you'll take what I give you and like it" and I really don't have time for all of that. So just pretend this picture is from Saturday. It will save all of us a lot of time in the long run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I was waiting almost patiently.

And I did notice the different outfit, but mostly because my beautiful niece is a properly attired tiny Bears fan in the first photo ... that'll catch any Chicagoans eye.

Love you guys!

Becky said...

yeah that's why we play wii when alice is in bed. it's hard enough dealing with cats who want to be under foot and when you add a toddler into the mix, well, it makes playing rather difficult.

but at least it's a good excuse as to why i scored 55 years on the fitness test.

i can't believe you were able to get bokeh with that camera. i never could with mine!