Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fightin' the Irish


Daddy, do you know what tomorrow is?
No. What?
It's St. Patrick's Day! So we have to wear green!
Oh, OK. Remind me in the morning.
Do you know what you do on St. Patrick's Day?
No. Tell me.
You put out gold for the St. Patricks.
You put out gold FOR the St. Patricks?
Yes. And you dig a hole. And you put the gold on top. And you trap them.
Oh really. And what do you do after you trap them?
You smile at them.
So why are we trapping St. Patricks?
St. Patricks come into your house and they play tricks on you.
Tricks? What kind of tricks?
Well, they come in your house and surprise you. And when you go outside, they drew Xs all over your rocks.
Xs?
Yes. So we have to trap them.
Obviously. I don't want any St. Patricks in my house.
No. Me neither.

Daddy?
Yes?
Do we have any gold?

1 comment:

maggie said...

Yeah, I didn't get the trap set in time. When I got up this morning, there were Xs all over my rocks.