Monday, October 29, 2007

Bleak house

So we had big plans for the weekend. Carve a pumpkin. Dress Kaylee up in her costume and take her to the Halloween event at the zoo. Do a lot of house work. (Yeah, that part wasn't so much fun – but it was in the plans.)

Well, Rae was sick all day Saturday. So we didn't go to the zoo. (Though I did get a lot of cleaning done.)

Then Sunday it was my turn to be sick. I was huddled up on the couch wearing a hooded sweatshirt and that got Kaylee all excited. Seems she thought I was playing peek-a-boo. So she came over and pulled my hood over my eyes.

That made me feel a little better. (And Rae did the rest of the cleaning. That also helped.)

Now Kaylee seems to be coming down with something. (Or maybe it's just teething – you would not believe the amount of drool one child can produce.) One way or another we'll get that costume on her Wednesday. I'm just hoping we can come up with some kind of event to take her out too.

Kaylee today: Boogerish.

No comments: