Friday, July 03, 2009

Binkless

I know you judged me. That's OK.

When I "threw" my daughter's bink out the window of a moving car during a North Carolina roadtrip, I bet you thought there were better ways to handle it. Sure, at the time I could have come up with a better way to handle a cranky monkey. God knows it didn't make the rest of that trip go any easier. But in the end it worked out for the best.
Despite a couple of rough nights, Kaylee hasn't used a bink to sleep since that day. Sure, she's asked for it. She's even tried rationalizing that "it was just an accident" and that Daddy will give it back. She didn't need it on the plane trip(s) home and now she's not even missing it.
In short, I was right. And it makes for a good story. Also, it will likely help pay a therapist's mortgage later on down the road.
You're welcome doctor.

2 comments:

Papa Allen said...

No matter the method, I'm glad she's binkless....Good lord willin no permanent damage was done. Serious hugs & Kisses from Grammy should go far towards healing the scars...

maggie said...

The best part is, my sister Pat still tells the story of when Mom did the exact same thing to her. Not sure if she remembers or if the story is so legendary it's taken on a life of its own. Either way, other parents have done it, and the kids haven't turned out all that bad.

On second thought ...