Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The secret

I think we figured it out. Finally. She's been down for two hours and if all goes well, Kaylee will sleep through the night.

We noticed that she's been waking up when we go to bed. We're being extra quiet … but she wakes up anyway. But then it hit us – it's quiet. Too quiet.

Kaylee's room is right next to the cold air return for the AC. It's loud. When it turns off – the TV is making plenty of noise. (Mainly because we have to turn it up so loud to hear it over the AC.) Well, if the AC is off – and we turn off the TV – there's no more white noise.

That's when she wakes up.

So starting tonight we've placed a box fan in her room. We think it should make enough noise to keep her from waking up. Or at least that's the theory.

If it works, I think Kaylee is getting a Sleep Machine for her birthday.

And if it doesn't work – we're sound-proofing her door.

Kaylee today: Ornery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, now she's definitely my niece. I've slept with a fan or something like that in my room since I was about 17!