Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The things you learn

Did you know your phone can be changed from working on the tone system to working on the rotary system?

And did you know that it's easy enough for a child to do?

And did you know that you can't navigate a touch-tone phone system (like a help desk for instance) while you're set for rotary?

And did you know that if you call the phone company to report the problem, one of their first questions is "Do you have a small child?"

And did you know they laugh at you as you hang up?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I did not know that.

I have learned something new today.

Ergo, I think I should go home.

Dr. Cindy S. C. Rice said...

Did you know the police will come to your house if your child dials 911 and doesn't say anything?

Wait until you begin to train her for emergency use of the phone and see flashing lights in your drive way.

The phone fun has only begun!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that my Rae was a "model" child. You, on the other hand... my own flesh and blood... you deserve everything that you get for your childhood reign of terror...

Anonymous said...

As my mother used to say, "May you one day be cursed with a child just like you."

Which probably explains why I am 40 years old, drunk, divorced, covered in cat hair, and childless.

Anonymous said...

rae was NOT a model child. and by the way
welcome to parenthood
love,grammy