A few random updates
- Kaylee's getting more and more timeouts. Mainly for throwing fits, testing boundaries, etc. You'd think she was approaching 2-years-old or something.
- I think a big part of it comes from the day care we have her in. (Because I see it in the behavior of those evil, evil children when I drop her off in the mornings.) Hence Rae and I scoping out a few new schools when I get back next week.
- Kaylee is officially calling all the animals by name instead of just "kiki" and "puppy." Now we have "Mas," "Gabby," "Eddie" and "Chrpchop."
- Kaylee is very excited about my trip because I'll be on an "airpayne." The only thing she loves more is the neighbor kid's "byekycle."
- The potty is going over well – and she uses it almost every time we change her diaper. Now we just need to get her to tell us she needs to use it before we change her diaper.
- Rae has been trying to figure out what to call Kaylee's underpants (diapers right now, of course). She started out with "knickers" but decided to switch to "panties" after a rather unfortunate mispronunciation. Believe it or not, even Kaylee can't make racial slurs cute.
- "Green Eggs and Ham" appears to be the new favorite book. I'm glad since it was one of my favorites – but damn, that's a long book at bedtime.
- Kaylee doesn't quite know the difference between Quicktime and Skype. She was very excited to see the movie of Alice that Becky posted – but was a little confused when Alice wouldn't answer her. (Though she enjoyed going along with the Happy Birthday prompts from Becky.)
I'm going to quit before I've got an accidentally unofficial "Ten on Tuesday" on Saturday.