Thursday, July 27, 2006

Baby schwag

We've slowly but surely been gathering things for Kaylee's arrival.** Berda sent us a whole box full of clothes. Shirts. Pants. Onesies. And those headbands that little baby girls who have no hair wear so you can tell that they are girls.

I hope Kaylee has hair. I think those headbands look a bit odd. Maybe I'll just get her a shirt that says "I'm a girl, dammit!"

Other things we have picked up include:


Kaylee's (already favorite) Aunt Margaret sent this bear (it's not a bear - it's a marsupial!) with Kaylee's name and apparently her foot prints on the shirt. Still not sure how she pulled that off. Rae doesn't remember the baby being missing for any period of time. Oh, and the tag on her butt even says "Kaylee." How cool is that?


We found this onesie in San Diego and just couldn't pass it up. Rather, Rae just couldn't pass it up. We drove seven hours in the middle of the night to go to a comic book convention ... and buy baby clothes.


This is Moxy. We found her while we were on vacation in Charlotte last month. She is officially one of the ugliest stuffed animals I have ever seen. So we had to buy her.


And here's Rae meeting Moxy's older brother Ox in San Diego. We were going to bring him home too, but he wouldn't fit in the crib. Besides, I don't think he looks baby safe.

** If you sent us something and I didn't mention it, don't take it personally. We don't dislike what you sent us – I just couldn't think of anything witty to say about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't show pics of all the stuff Berda sent!

Becky said...

"This is Moxy. We found her while we were on vacation in Charlotte last month. She is officially one of the ugliest stuffed animals I have ever seen. So we had to buy her."

well what did you expect?? they are called uglydolls! :)