Saturday, October 07, 2006

Ummm, yeah.

So we got up early and went to llama class. I'm not ashamed to say I learned a few things.
  • The llama class teacher is too damn chipper. Especially that early in the morning. We rolled in still drinking our morning coffee – this woman must have had a triple-shot latte I.V. for breakfast.
  • Just because a mom walks in and her partner is another woman – it doesn't mean they are lesbians. Well, not in real life ... but in my head ...
  • We watched a video. Normally I like taking a break in class and watching a movie. That's probably because I'd never seen a video of someone delivering a placenta before. It looked like someone turned cantaloupe inside out.
  • I hope these breathing exercises help Rae relax. Because all they do is make me laugh. ("Picture yourself in a boat, on a river ...")
  • All of the other dads look way more into this whole thing than me. I'm not sure if it's because they are just more in touch with their feminine sides, or if they just fear the wrath of their wives more. Or maybe they're all closet hippies.
Afterward, we visited another day care. Now I don't know if we have unusually high standards, the last visit set the bar really high, or if this place just stunk. But it did stink.

Like diapers.

Or at least it did to Rae – she of the hormonally-altered nose. Me? I just couldn't get over the fact that it was in a strip mall.

Even though this place is close to half the price of the last place – I'm thinking it will end up pretty low on our list.

No comments: