Sunday, February 11, 2007

Biz trip

I'm leaving in a few days for beautiful upstate New York. Normally I'd be all excited about this – I get to work 15 hour days with a bunch of friends I get to see maybe twice a year – but not so much this year.

It sounds stupid – but I have a hard enough time giving the kid up for 8 hours of work, I'm not sure how I'm going to do it for almost a full week. She'll probably start walking while I'm gone or something. (Just so long as she doesn't start dating.)

I'm not terribly worried about leaving Rae to take care of everything though. She'll have to do it for a few days – but then Grammy Janetta and Papa Allen will come to town to help pick up the slack. I can't tell you how excited Rae is to have her mom coming to visit. (As evidenced by how much she is making me clean the house.) This will be her first time visiting since we moved here AND her first time seeing the baby. That's a lot of new for one trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOOOO HOOOOO !!!! Spring break in TUCSON...Here we come...Hurry back MIKE.

Anonymous said...

Come to Illinois... only 6 to 10 inches predicted for Tuesday 2/13

Anonymous said...

Any layover in Chicago this time? Happy to rescue your ass from O'Hare, you know! Love you, and happy travels!