Monday, April 23, 2007

Spoke too soon

Rule #1 of baby blog: When something goes right, you don't talk about it. Because it won't happen again.
Rule # 2 of baby blog: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT SOMETHING GOING RIGHT.*

Case and point – telling you all about Kaylee's wonderful night of sleep. Last night? Not so much. She was up pretty much every hour. Rae got the worst of it – but we're both exhausted today. I'm hoping tonight will be better – but if it is, I'm not telling.

Kaylee today: Vocal

* My apologies to Mr. Chuck Palahniuk – whose legions of space monkey fans would probably beat me senseless for borrowing from "Fight Club" so poorly and blatantly. I am Jack's deep, deep regret.

1 comment:

MattE. said...

That's a riot that just 20 minutes after I got done listening to the Pitt/Norton/Fincher/Bonham-Carter commentary on Fight Club, I check out my favorite baby blog and find a reference to ... of course. Fight Club. I am Jack's delusional sense of irony and coincidence. See ya in three days, Rices!