Saturday, June 09, 2007

Off to the doctor ...

So it turns out that it hasn't been Kaylee's tooth that's bugging her. Rae and I ended up taking the kid to the Doctor of Babies' Associate (the Doctor of Babies had the day off) today. Her fever is gone – but she's got a rash that makes her look like an alien out of Star Trek. (She's all spotted across her forehead and down her back.)

Turns out that she's got Roseola (not to be confused with Rosella – who I'm sure is not covered in red bumps) – or "infant measles."

And no, it's nothing at all like real measles. Basically it's just a viral infection that starts off with a nasty fever and general uncomfort. Then when the fever breaks – out come the spots. (Sounds familiar, right?)

Good news is now that we're at the spotty stage, there's nothing to worry about. Vacation shall continue as planned.

Kaylee today: Spotty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

roseola...

Unknown said...

That's what I said. Like I don't already get enough grief from the copy editor I live with …

Anonymous said...

Geez...everybody's a critic today, eh?

I love you. Whether I edit you or not. But I'll try to leave that to the pro who lives with you.