Monday, December 10, 2007

Vacation photos, part the third

After Thanksgiving it was off to Grandma Della's house on Lake Gillespie. We had a couple of days of rest, relaxation ... oh, and a little party.
Della, don't bother telling Kaylee to look at the camera.
GG already tried that yesterday. It didn't work then either.

The hardest part about decorating for the party was keeping the streamers away from Kaylee.

Kaylee's cake. Courtesy of Grandpa Charlie.

And he was kind enough to get one for the rest of us to share.

The crowd sang a rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday" (which even if I had shot video of I wouldn't put online for fear of owing the estate of Patty and Mildred J. Hill an insane amount of money.)

Due to circumstances beyond her control, Maggie was unable to join us. But through the power of AT&T Wireless she got to join in the festivities. Though – for some reason she only sang every other word ...

Kaylee wasn't quite sure what to make of the cake …

… but it didn't take too long to figure out.

Before any journalists pipe up:
A) I didn't take this photo and B) I swear it wasn't staged.

I managed to find one photo of Cindy with her eyes open.
Kinda.

Kaylee wasn't too into opening presents. She would rather just watch Mom do it. She did manage to open this nice edition of all the Curious George books from her "favorite uncle."
We're still trying to figure out exactly who that is.

And by the end of the night, she finally got those streamers …

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The estate of Patty and Mildred J. Hill appreciate your candor, as does Marty Scheinbaum. Can you believe it took two people to write that song?

And I only sang every other word because I couldn't hear you guys when I was singing (cell technology, dontcha know) and I wanted to make sure I was singing with you guys! BTW, finally a picture of me where you caught my good side! Thanks, Chunk!