Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Month five already?

My how time flies. Today marks the very beginning of month five. Himmer's going to be here before you know it. But you don't want to hear that. You want ...

More random facts about himmer from the Baby Doctor magazine.

(If this doesn't sound familiar, check out month four back in April.)

FACT: My baby is growing ears. But will likely only be able to hear hisser mother for the next month or so. (I'm willing to bet I continue to get ignored well after that.)
FACT: Almost all of the follicles from which my baby's hair will grow develop this month. (Kid - you had better pray you get your mother's genes. Unless you're a girl, in which case you will likely never have to shave your legs.)
FACT: My baby is free-floating in about a pint of amniotic fluid. Said fluid, which is completely replaced every 24 hours, is mostly made up of fetal urine. (Yes, baby pee.) And most of this fluid is removed by himmer swallowing it. (I'm really hoping s/he outgrows this.)
FACT: Himmer's sucking reflex is strong and if hisser thumb should happen to float past hisser mouth, s/he may suck hisser thumb. (Please, no jokes about himmer's inate aptitude to suck.)
FACT: Himmer's bones are developing and Rae is a lot more likely to feel himmer moving around. (Great, more things to blame on the dog.)

No comments: